Thursday, August 6, 2009

Return To Idaho And the Blueberry Village

Airports and airplanes have become no thing of consequence to me. Like an old hat, it has simply become second nature to check in, go through security, wait for hours in the airport, and then finally get on the plane - and then do it all over again several times during the day until I reach my destination. This last venture, however, was unique as it took me back to a place I love and have missed through the last few months of adventures: home sweet home.

As I walked up the familiar stairs in my home and surveyed the familiar landscape of mountains, alfalfa fields, barns and that beautiful blue sky, I found a note just waiting for me.

You are Cordially invited to the Blueberry Village
RSVP ASAP
What is this Blueberry Village? I soon found out it is an enchanting place created by my sister down by the creek. It has a fire ring with overturned 5 gallon buckets to sit on and a guitar to play. It is situated right on the water's edge and one can hear the wind whistling through the trees and the creek laughing along it's way.
When we were younger, we used to spend hours there, but as we've grown up so has this spot by the creek - grown over with bushes and tall grass. My sister had spent the last month reclaiming this area and named it the Blueberry Village.
Now we are back to spending hours upon hours improving the Blueberry Village, singing in the Blueberry Village and letting our imaginations expand and roam freely down by the creek.

0 comments: