Sunday, August 2, 2009

Realization of a Dream Unknown


To see the sun rise on three different countries in three different months has never been a goal of mine. I suppose I have never even contemplated the real possibility. To me, that was - at best - the whisper of a dream, manifesting itself like a morning mist and then vanishing with the sunshine of reality.

And yet, this whisper of a dream became my reality this summer.

May: Costa Rica
June: Texas, United States
July: Kenya, Africa

Until May 11, 2009 I had set foot out of the United States once. That was to Tiajuana, Mexico - a border city resting between Mexico and California. At 9 years old, Tiajuana was terrifying. I was relieved to find that world travel can be fun - and at most times, intoxicating. I may have found a new and thrilling hobby.

0 comments: